- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – ABC Spark is launching north of the border on March 26, thanks to a licensing agreement between Canadian broadcaster Corus Entertainment and the Disney/ABC Television Group.
Ahead of the debut, Corus is offering a sneak peek of U.S. imports like Switched at Birth and Melissa & Joey this month on its YTV, W Network and CMT cable channels.
Other Disney/ABC series to get first-time airings in Canada via ABC Spark include The Secret Life of the America Teenager, starring Shailene Woodley and Molly Ringwald, the Candace Cameron Bure-starrer Make It or Break It and Jane By Design, starring Andie MacDowell and Erica Dasher.
ABC Spark, which is aimed at young viewers, will be the latest U.S. TV property to launch in Canada.
Rival Rogers Media recently debuted FX Networks Canada, via another licensing agreement, and Corus last year shepherded Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Network into Canada.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Representation in Hollywood