- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO — Summit Entertainment is sending a super-sized version of Divergent to Imax screens worldwide on March 21, 2014.
Following Lionsgate’s release of The Hunger Games and Twilight franchises in Imax theaters, the first film from the big screen adaptation of the Veronica Roth novels will be digitally re-mastered for the giant-screen release.
The futuristic action/adventure pic Divergent, directed by Neil Burger, stars Shailene Woodley, Theo James and Kate Winslet.
“With The Hunger Games and Twilight franchises, our Lionsgate and Summit partners have proven to be a powerful force in adapting novels for the global theatrical marketplace,” said Greg Foster, CEO of Imax Entertainment and senior executive vp of Imax in a statement Thursday.
The Imax run was greenlit by Lionsgate Motion Picture Group co-chairs Rob Friedman and Patrick Wachsberger, who in their own statement also lauded the earlier collaboration with Imax on The Hunger Games and Twilight Saga franchises.
Doug Wick and Lucy Fisher are producing Divergent via their Red Wagon Entertainment banner, along with Pouya Shahbazian.
Divergent will also be released theatrically in North America in The Hunger Games‘ slot on March 21, 2014.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day