- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Divergent may take place in a fictional future, but making it feel as real as possible was key for the cast and the director.
Star Shailene Woodley says her stunt double was an important part of that and helped the film look real by going all out for the stunts.
“My stunt double is a complete badass,” Woodley tells The Hollywood Reporter. “She did a 66-foot free fall. She’s not attached to any wires or anything. There’s actually a lot of stuntmen who have died doing that stunt.”
Adds co-star Theo James: “A couple of stuntmen got 25 stitches.”
Woodley and the cast, speaking with THR at Comic-Con last year, also revealed which Divergent faction they would choose in real life and what they’d do to survive a zombie apocalypse. (See video below.)
For all things Divergent, check out THR‘s full coverage of the film, and if you missed it the first time around, see what Woodley had to say in her revealing THR cover story.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day