- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This article first appeared on billboard.com.
A film starring recently defunct electronic trio Swedish House Mafia will premiere at South by Southwest this March.
Leave the World Behind, a documentary starring former Mafia members Axwell, Sebastian Ingrosso and Steve Angello, is an official selection in the Austin festival’s film portion, a release confirmed on Jan. 9.
The film, directed by Christian Larson, follows the three producers and DJs as they prepare for the collective’s impending breakup and subsequent farewell world tour. Along the way, the trio reveals why they decided to disband and follows the group after this decision — all the way up to the tour’s finale.
Leave the World Behind is executive produced by Jonas Akerlund, director of dozens of high-profile music videos, including Madonna‘s “Ray of Light,” Lady Gaga‘s “Telephone” and Christina Aguilera‘s “Beautiful.”
Swedish House Mafia broke up after arguably its most successful year in America, hitting No. 6 on the Hot 100 with “Don’t You Worry Child.” The trio played their final show at Ultra Music Festival last March.
The film portion of South by Southwest will take place March 7-15 in Austin, Texas.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day