- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“We have spoken to Yasiel and made it clear that we, as an organization, are very disappointed in his recent behavior,” the ballclub said in a statement. “This is a very serious issue to us, and we will continue to educate him and strive to further develop his growth off the field and as a member of this community.”
The Florida Highway Patrol said Saturday that Puig was arrested after officers clocked him driving 110 mph in a 70 mph zone. A news release from the Highway Patrol said a white Mercedes driven by the 23-year-old Cuban defector was pulled over around 9:30 a.m. Saturday.
Authorities said Puig was arrested and charged with reckless driving and taken to the Collier County jail for processing.
Puig hit .319 with 19 home runs and 42 RBIs during the 2013 season.
The Dodgers are owned by Guggenheim Partners, which also counts among its assets Dick Clark Productions and Guggenheim Digital Media, the parent company of The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard and Adweek.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day