- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON — Qatar’s Doha Film Institute has set dates for its inaugural Ajyal Film Festival for the Young, a community-based event that brings cinema and film-related activities to Doha to promote film appreciation among families and educators.
The festival will take place Nov. 26-30 and will include a Doha Film Experience section with a feature narrative and short film competition, and also a Made in Qatar/Students strand. That section will showcase student films that have been shot in Qatar, or have been made by individuals of any nationality who currently reside in Qatar. Submissions are open now.
The Doha Film Institute, Qatar’s independent cultural organization, announced plans to launch two festivals during this year’s Festival de Cannes, just weeks after the parting of the ways with Tribeca Enterprises at the end of April.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day