- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Domhnall Gleeson will be chasing rabbits out of his vegetable garden for the live-action Peter Rabbit movie.
Gleeson will star as Mr. McGregor, the human foil of Peter.
James Corden will voice the wily rabbit, with Daisy Ridley and Elizabeth Debicki also lending their voices to the Sony project. Rose Bryne will star in a live-action role for director Will Gluck’s adaptation of Beatrix Potter’s children’s book.
Rob Lieber wrote the feature, which is being produced by Gluck and Zareh Nalbandian, with Doug Belgrad, Jason Lust and Jodi Hildebrand acting as executive producers.
After an explosive 2015 for the Irish actor, which included roles in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and awards fodder like The Revenant and Brooklyn, Gleeson is looking at another jam-packed year.
He will reprise his intergalactic role in Star Wars: Episode VIII and will play author A.A. Milne in Fox Searchlight’s Winnie the Pooh movie. He also will be seen in the National Lampoon movie A Futile & Stupid Gesture and director Darren Aronofsky’s next project.
Gleeson is repped by Paradigm and Ireland’s The Agency.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day