- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dominic West is getting some heat after he said on Friday that he was pleased Donald Trump was diagnosed with COVID-19.
The Wire star made the comments while being interview on Good Morning Britain. The hosts asked what his reaction was to the news — West could not hold back his glee.
“Well, I did slightly leap in the air with joy,” West began. “He said ‘it is what it is’, and I think the phrase is ‘what goes around comes around’. I just hope it doesn’t interfere with him being elected out of office that’s all.”
The actor made it clear he does not care for Trump in saying, “Well, there’s an element of schadenfreude I suppose. I’m not a fan of his, as you can probably tell, and I just hope [Joe] Biden stays healthy and gets the presidency as quickly as possible.”
As with others who celebrated or mocked the president over the news, West was berated, mostly over social media, for his comments, mainly from Trump supporters.
Trump and First Lady Melania Trump are in quarantine. Vice President Mike Pence tested negative for the virus on Friday morning.
A request for additional comment from West’s reps was not immediately returned.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day