- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
If the project gets ordered to series, it will join a slew of other hosting gigs on the former teen idol’s resume, including The Donny & Marie Show, Pyramid and The Great American Dream Vote. More recently, Osmond and sister Marie have served up a 90 minute show at Las Vegas’ Flamingo Hotel.
Fortune hails from British TV vet Nigel Lythgoe, who will serve as the show’s executive producer. It’s concept centers on 24 envelopes, each of which contain a check — ranging from measly to life-altering in sum — made out to the show’s contestants. Throughout the game, 23 of those envelopes are destroyed. The project is based on a Wild Rover Productions Format, and will also count Wild Rover’s Phil Morrow as an executive producer.
Osmond, who successfully expanded his fan base with a winning turn on ABC’s Dancing with the Stars, is repped by John Ferriter and Kyell Thomas at Octagon Entertainment.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day