- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Doreen Montalvo, an actress who appeared on Broadway in In the Heights, died on Saturday after a sudden ailment, her manager Steve Maihack confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter. She was 56.
He offered the following statement, “Doreen didn’t just light up the stage, she brightened the light in all of those around her. She was having quite the year with two films in the can and a new Broadway show…but she would be so happy to know she will live on through these projects and the outpouring of love from every corner of the business.”
Montalvo’s additional Broadway credits include On Your Feet, while her off-Broadway and national tour credits include Giant and Flashdance. Most recently, Montalvo performed in the Broadway production of Mrs. Doubtfire.
The actress also appeared in numerous TV series including Law & Order, The Good Wife, Smash, One Life to Live, Elementary and Madam Secretary.
Montalvo married fellow stage actor Michael Mann in 2010 and was step-mother to his children.
Her last screen credits will be in Jon M. Chu’s adaptation of In the Heights and Steven Spielberg’s West Side Story.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day