- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lately, our iPhone screen reads like a “how to” manual of adulthood: There’s Mint for budgeting, our bank’s app for when said budgeting doesn’t work, Uber for designated driving and some goal-setting apps that have never been used. Which is why yesterday’s launch of stylist and designer L’Wren Scott’s new app, L’App, has infused our phone with some much-needed joyous fluff.
Timed to the debut of her Banana Republic collection — which was feted with a glittery affair at Chateau Marmont on Tuesday night — Scott’s free app gives an inside glimpse into her design process, from collection lookbooks to a social media feed and a selection of short videos from London Fashion Week’s backstage and beyond (the woman does dress Nicole Kidman, after all). As an added bonus, many of Scott’s photos feature boyfriend Mick Jagger — who joined model Coco Rocha, Rashida Jones and model mother Peggy Lipton, Christina Hendricks and Michael B. Jordan at Tuesday night’s Banana Republic soiree, hosted by Vanity Fair.
Runway shots, short films and a Rolling Stone? Sure beats checking our bank balance. We’re in.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day