- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After agreeing to sell his Beats Electronics and Beats Music to Apple for $3 billion, Dr. Dre is making a big purchase of his own.
The music mogul is paying $40 million to buy the four-acre Brentwood estate of supermodel Gisele Bundchen and NFL quarterback Tom Brady, the Los Angeles Times reported.
The 18,298-square-foot mansion, designed by architect Richard Landry in a country French chateau style, includes five bedrooms, nine bathrooms, a gym, a sauna, covered terraces, balconies, ceiling beams, salvaged tile, antique doors and seven fireplaces. The property also features a cobblestone motor court, a moat/koi pond, an infinity pool and solar-powered electricity.
The property, which Brady bought for $11.75 million in 2008, had been listed at $50 million.
The news comes a week after Apple officially announced it was purchasing Beats Electronics and Beats Music in a $3 billion deal. Beats founders Dre and Interscope-Geffen-A&M chairman Jimmy Iovine will be joining Apple in executive roles not specified in the announcement.
Dre also is the founder and CEO of record label Aftermath Entertainment, a subsidiary of Universal Music Group’s Interscope Records.