- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The cable network has inked a script-development deal with the music mogul and writer Sidney Quashi for a drama pilot. The one-hour project, set in present-day Los Angeles, explores both the music business and crime business.
Quashi will be billed as both the creator and executive producer of the drama, with Dre serving as an EP. Daniel Schnider will co-executive producer for Dre’s Crucial TV, along with co-EP Brad Bertner.
Crucial Films was launched in 2007 with a first-look deal at New Line. Dre’s label, Aftermath Entertainment, launched 11 years earlier and has showcased such talent as Eminem, 50 Cent, The Game and his newest discovery Kendrick Lamar. He began his career as a member of seminal gangsta rap group N.W.A and continued as a producer and solo artist. In 2008, Dre moved into the tech sector with the launch of popular headphones line Beats by Dr. Dre.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day