- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Earlier in the month, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and White House coronavirus pandemic adviser joked that if he had to choose, he would want Pitt to play him on SNL.
Well, that’s exactly what happened, with the Oscar-winning actor playing a version of Fauci who had to debunk a lot of bad information from President Donald Trump and tell people not to ingest disinfectant. At the end of the bit, Pitt broke character to thank all the first responders and health care workers for their tireless efforts.
Fauci on Monday told Telemundo’s Un Nuevo Dia he was impressed.
“I think he did great,” Fauci said. “I’m a great fan of Brad Pitt, and that’s the reason why when people ask me who I would like to play me I mention Brad Pitt. He’s one of my favorite actors. I think he did a great job.”
Fauci has become a household name for his matter-of-fact delivery of information during White House briefings amid the pandemic.
“I think he showed that he is really a classy guy when at the end he took off his hair and thanked me and all of the health care workers,” Fauci said “So, not only is he a really great actor, but he is actually a classy person.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day