- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Dress: A classic tux by Dolce & Gabbana featuring a velvet blazer with satin lapels.
The Wearer: Matthew McConaughey, the ambassador for Dolce & Gabbana The One fragrance.
The Event: American Cinematheque’s annual gala at the Beverly Hilton, where McConaughey’s s family and famous friends Kate Hudson, Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Garner, Anne Hathaway and Jessica Chastain recounted their favorite memories of him, before the Oscar-winning actor was given an award by his Interstellar director Christopher Nolan.
Why We Dig: Hudson put it best when she said in her speech, “He attacks everything with an intensity that is palpable.” His Fool’s Gold co-star may have been referring to his acting skills, but we have a feeling the same can be said about his red carpet ensembles. From the white D&G tux at this year’s Oscars to the metallic gold Saint Laurent dinner jacket he chose for the Palm Springs Film Festival, the 44-year-old star knows a thing or two about standing out in any fancy setting. On this special occasion held in his honor, McConaughey certainly owned the sartorial spotlight in a fitted black tux, along with wife Camila Alves in an equally flattering long-sleeved black gown by D&G.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day