- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Looks like a reunion of Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels is indeed happening, correct grammar be damned.
Peter and Bobby Farrelly provided a few small but interesting details about the sequel to their hit comedy Dumb and Dumber via Twitter on Tuesday night, informing their fans that they would soon be finished with the script to the long-awaited film.
The filmmakers also revealed the movie’s title — Dumb and Dumber To — and, in an exchange with an inquisitive fan, again disavowed the failed prequel, Dumb and Dumberer while hinting that Carrey, whose portrayal of Lloyd Christmas in the first film helped make him a star, would be returning for this authorized edition.
That little aside is actually the biggest bit of news here, as last January, it was reported that Carrey had exited the film, frustrated with a lack of support from its producers.
In August, Bobby Farrelly revealed the new film’s basic plot: “The story revolves around the fact that one of them may have sired a child,” he told Digital Spy. “They want to go and find the child because he’s having a kidney problem and he wants to ask him for one of his kidneys.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day