- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dumb, Dumber… and Dumbest?
18 years after Harry Dunne (Jeff Daniels) and Lloyd Christmas (Jim Carrey) traveled cross country in their doggy van, the Farrelly Brothers have gotten the pair to climb back aboard for a second trip — on which they’ll be joined by a third member of their incredibly stupid club. Speaking with Digital Spy, Bobby Farrelly said that they plan to shoot the long-awaited sequel to Dumb & Dumber next spring, and are going to bring a new generation into the equation.
“The story revolves around the fact that one of them may have sired a child,” he told the website. “They want to go and find the child because he’s having a kidney problem and he wants to ask him for one of his kidneys.”
Farrelly also said that both Carrey and Daniels are excited to do the film, which is a major about-face from just eight months ago. In January, Carrey exited the film, reportedly frustrated by a lack of support from Warner Bros. and New Line.
This announcement of sorts comes a week after Keanu Reeves divulged some details on another long-awaited sequel, a third Bill & Ted movie.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day