- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Universal and Red Granite have come in to save the sequel to Dumb and Dumber.
The handle for Bobby and Peter Farrelly, the duo who directed the original and are helming the sequel, tweeted “It’s official: Dumber and Dumber To is going to production with @RedGranitePics and @UniversalPics!!!”
The move, confirmed by Universal, puts the project on track after New Line and Warner Bros. declined to move forward and allowed the project be shopped to other studios. Under the deal, Warner transfers the production rights to Red Granite.
Sources say the film would shoot this summer for a release next year, which would coincide with the 20th anniversary release of the original. Red Granite is retaining international rights.
Red Granite will finance with the company’s Riza Aziz and Joey McFarland joining Brad Krevoy, Steve Stabler, Charles Wessler and Bradley Thomas as producers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day