- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dylan O’Brien is in talks to play Mitch Rapp in American Assassin alongside Michael Keaton.
O’Brien’s possible involvement has been the buzz at the Cannes market, where Lionsgate is selling international territories of the film that will be released in the U.S. by CBS Films.
The project is based on the Vince Flynn best-seller of the same name, and Keaton is set to play Hurley. Michael Cuesta (Homeland, Kill the Messenger) is directing from a screenplay by Stephen Schiff.
CBS Films has been courting O’Brien for months, but there was a big question mark given the injuries he sustained during an accident on The Maze Runner sequel. But it is hoped that O’Brien will be good to go in time for the production start.
Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Marshall Herskovitz and Nick Wechsler are producing.
He is repped by WME.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day