- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
E! News anchor Giuliana Rancic is battling breast cancer, she revealed Monday on the Today show.
Doctors discovered a tumor during a mammogram she received while undergoing in-vitro fertilization. She has been vocal about her attempts to get pregnant with husband Bill Rancic, the winner of The Apprentice. Her first attempt at IVF ended in miscarriage, and her second attempt was not successful.
Rancic will undergo surgery this week and then faces six weeks of radiation therapy, she revealed on the Today show Monday. She says the prognosis is good because the disease was detected early.
Rancic, 36, said she wasn’t planning on having a mammogram until she turned 40, but her IVF doctor suggested she get one earlier.
“I still want this baby … because this baby has saved my life,” she said on the Today show. “I truly feel God was looking out after me … If I had gotten pregnant later down the line, I could have been a lot sicker.”
She says Rancic has been “unbelievable. The best thing about Bill is, he lets me cry when I want to cry.”
Rancic — who also co-hosts E!’s Style Police and has a reality show on the Style Network — will still try to get pregnant.
This October is the 25th anniversary of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day