- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kolb on Monday was named executive vp and general manager of Discovery Digital Networks to oversee the company’s original digital development, Discovery VR and social media partnerships.
“We are very fortunate to have Suzanne leading Discovery Digital Networks — networks that engage Millennials and offer meaningful opportunities for advertisers and partners wanting to reach them,” said Karen Leever, executive vp and general manager of digital media, to whom Kolb will report.
Kolb left E! in September 2014 after a two-year stint atop the NBCUniversal cable network. While at E!, she launched such hit franchises as Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Chelsea Lately, Botched and Total Divas and greenlighted the network’s first original scripted series, The Royals.
In her own statement, Kolb said she would focus on building young adult digital brands at Discovery.
“Discovery Digital Networks offers some of the highest quality and most engaging content in digital today, and I see no limit to its potential to become the next great portfolio of brands within the Discovery family,” she said.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day