- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Using augmented reality technology and the PlayStation Move motion controller, Wonderbook effectively uses a book as an interface.
The first Wonderbook title, Book of Spells, is a collaboration between PlayStation and Rowling, and features new writing from the author. Using the PlayStation Move as a wand, gamers would be taught “spells” as if they were students at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Available in the fall, Book of Spells will be available for $39.99 for both the book and Blu-ray game.
Andrew House, president and group CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment, said Wonderbook could offer “opportunities to create educational and scientific experiences.”
Also Monday at Sony’s E3 press conference, the company highlighted PlayStation Mobile (previously PlayStation Suite), to bring the platform to mobile phones and tablets, offering its capabilities “wherever and whenever.” Sony reported that HTC will offer PlayStation-certified smartphones.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day