- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Will Gluck is coming aboard to direct Walt Disney Studios’ untitled lottery project.
The Lego Movie’s Dan Lin is producing.
The project centers on a consistently unlucky woman whose streak of bad continues when everyone in her small town wins a lottery except for her. But it turns out to be a blessing in disguise that will ultimately allow her to save the town from ruin.
The project was originally titled Lucky Guy with the lead a male but Gluck will oversee a rewrite by Martin Hynes to make the project female-centric.
Lin Pictures’ Mark Bauch is exec producing. Tendo Nagenda is overseeing for the studio.
Gluck is best known for his deft directing touch on movies Easy A, Emma Stone’s breakthrough, and Friends with Benefits, which starred Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis. He also directed and co-wrote the recent update of Annie that starred Quvenzhané Wallis, Jamie Foxx and Cameron Diaz.
He is repped by UTA and Sloan Offer. Hynes is repped by Original Artists.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day