- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After catapulting to stardom with platinum single “Cool Kids” — a song all about being high school misfits — Echosmith is continuing its legacy through a new partnership with Hollister Co. on an anti-bullying campaign.
The four Sierota siblings (Graham, Sydney, Noah and Jamie) are promoting the teen retailer’s four-pronged “All Equal” campaign, which includes an educational video featuring the indie-pop band, a scholarship program, a line of tees featuring inspirational messages ($17.95) and a roundup promotion, in which customers can choose to round up their purchase to the nearest dollar with the profits benefiting No Bully, a nonprofit geared toward the prevention of cyberbullying.
” ‘Cool Kids’ was written because we ourselves felt that desire sometimes to fit in or to be like other people,” says the video, which will be distributed in 20,000 schools. “We also wanted everyone else to know that it’s OK to be yourself, and accepting who you are and who you are not is really all that it’s about.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day