- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s the most coveted party invite in town, but it’ll cost you. The fundraiser dinner being held at George Clooney‘s Los Angeles home tonight for President Barack Obama — cresting on a wave of Hollywood goodwill just one day after he voiced unequivocal support for same-sex marriage — is expected to fetch “just shy of $15 million” in donations, a source inside the campaigns tells The Hollywood Reporter. And now names on the A-plus guest list are beginning to trickle out.
STORY: Clooney’s Obama Fundraiser Haul Could Hit Nearly $15 Million
Expected to join the event’s high-powered organizer, DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg, and previously confirmed attendees such as Barbra Streisand and Robert Downey Jr., are Jack Black, Billy Crystal, Salma Hayek, Tobey Maguire and fashion designer Diane Von Furstenberg. That’s in addition to J.J. Abrams, CAA head Bryan Lourd and Chris Silbermann, president of ICM, who are also already scheduled to attend, sources inside the campaign confirm.
Attendees at the $35,800-a-plate dinner are expected to open their wallets and pocketbooks to the tune of $5 million – $6 million. An additional $9 million – $10 million is expected to come from the “Obama, Clooney and You” online sweepstakes to win a seat at the head table.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day