- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Mexican authorities want to speak with Sean Penn following the revelation of his Rolling Stone interview with drug lord Joaquin ‘El Chapo‘ Guzman, NBC News reported on Sunday.
Mexican law enforcement officials told NBC News that they wanted to speak to Penn and Latin television star Kate del Castillo, who facilitated the two-time Oscar winner’s clandestine meet with Guzman. Officials revealed that wiretapped conversations between Penn, del Castillo and Guzman ultimately led them to the escaped drug lord’s hideout and his arrest on Saturday.
Penn’s blockbuster interview with Guzman may give him more legal headaches in the coming days as U.S. authorities weigh up what action to take. Politicians from both sides of the spectrum have been quick to raise ethical concerns over the interview with U.S. Senator and presidential candidate Marco Rubio describing Penn’s piece as “grotesque.” The White House said it was “appalled” by some of Guzman’s comments in the article.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day