- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Elaine Rich, a personal manager who represented Fran Drescher, Jennifer Jason Leigh and many others, has died. She was 81.
Rich died Aug. 13 of cardiac arrest in Los Angeles, publicist Jo-Ann Geffen announced Monday.
Most notable among her clients were Drescher and writer-producer Peter Marc Jacobson; the then-married couple collaborated on the long-running CBS show The Nanny and then, after their breakup, teamed for the recent TV Land series Happily Divorced.
Rich also represented actresses Donna Dixon (Bosom Buddies) and the late Emmanuelle star Sylvia Kristel.
Rich began her career as a publicist in New York, where she helped introduce Bossa Nova to this country.
Upon moving to Los Angeles in 1976 with her husband, character actor Allan Rich (Serpico, Quiz Show, Amistad), she began working for John Crosby & Associates, where she was given Jason Leigh as her first client.
In addition to her husband, survivors include children Marian and David and grandchildren Miles, Julia and Ruby. The family asks that donations be made to Drescher’s organization Cancer Schmancer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day