- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Spitzer’s debut pulled only 47,000 total viewers, with just 10,000 in the key 25-54 demographic. While viewership is generally depressed on Fridays, that’s still down 74 percent compared with Olbermann’s March average in the 8 p.m. time slot.
Olbermann was fired Thursday, with Current founders Al Gore and Joel Hyatt citing breach of contract, sabotage and disparagement. He is scheduled to discuss the controversial termination on CBS’ Late Show With David Letterman on Tuesday.
Low ratings aren’t the first snafu to plague Viewpoint. Before the show’s debut, Current TV issued an announcement encouraging viewers to “follow Spitzer on Twitter (@ESpitzer). As TV Newser first reported, Spitzer doesn’t have an account on the social media site. “Our apologies that this was incorrect in the release,” a representative for Current said.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day