- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“[Elisabeth] had it planned out. She definitely wanted to go blond for the Emmys,” says Caroline Buckler, colorist at New York City’s illustrious Marie Robinson salon, who had given Moss a new red look a few weeks’ prior for the upcoming indie film The Free World. But for the awards show, the Mad Men star was determined to go light, and once again enlisted the help of Buckler, with whom she has worked since 2012.
The entire process took place over the span of a few days, says Buckler, who turned Moss’ tresses blond in two sittings. “Every color looks good on her,” says Buckler, who first applied a color remover to Moss’ hair, then gave her a full set of highlights. A few days later, Moss returned for another round of highlights and a base touch-up, and the process was complete.
And to pop the color even further, Moss turned to makeup maven Jenn Streicher of Striiike salon in Beverly Hills, who swiped the actress’ lips with Laura Mercier’s Paint Wash Liquid Lip Colour in Orchid Pink ($28; which Streicher loves for its long-lasting power) and then lined them with Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Crushed Berry ($23) — a slightly darker shade that defined the look.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day