- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Anna Kendrick, Brittany Snow and Rebel Wilson are all on board to reprise their roles in the hit musical-comedy franchise set in the world of competitive a cappella.
Kay Cannon, who wrote the first two films, was the first person hired for the third installment. Banks is producing along with her husband, Max Handelman, and Gold Circle topper Paul Brooks.
The move finally solidifies the future one of Universal’s moneymaking franchises, as it wasn’t immediately clear that Banks, who directed the second installment, would return for the third chapter.
Banks made her directorial debut with Pitch Perfect 2, which has earned $285.2 million worldwide and marked the highest domestic opening ever for a first-time director. Since its success, the actress-producer has found a budding directing career and has signed on to several projects, including the YA adaptation Red Queen and Sony’s reboot of Charlie’s Angels.
She’s repped by UTA, Untitled Entertainment and Ziffren Brittenham.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day