- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
You can’t knock the value of a good pair of sneaks. And apparently Ellen DeGeneres and Pharrell agree, as the performers both wore very different but equally dope pairs of comfy footwear to do their respective things at the Oscars on Sunday.
To perform “Happy,” his oh-so-catchy, best song-nominated tune from Despicable Me 2, Pharrell sported a pair of old-school Adidas high-tops (with his Vivienne Westwood Grammys hat, returning after a sad red-carpet no-show!) custom bedazzled with loads of red bling (but not quite as much red bling as seen on Pink’s Wizard of Oz-inspired gown during her rendition of “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” later in the show).
Then, DeGeneres changed from the black Saint Laurent tux she donned while opening the show into a white pants ensemble also by the French house. She paired the crisp, on-trend outfit with a pair of the brand’s white Court Classic sneakers ($495).
Does this mean the end of painful blisters and stiletto soreness at black-tie events? Not likely, but it’s a step — get it? Step? — in the right direction (and perhaps a heaven-sent trend for Jennifer Lawrence, who still doesn’t know how to walk in her heels).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day