- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
AOL is continuing to partner with media personalities, inking a cross-promotion deal with Telepictures Productions for the “Ellen DeGeneres Show.”
AOL on Tuesday started promoting the show’s Web site on several of its lifestyle channels, including AOL Television and PopEater, Mediaweek reported.
In turn, the show’s site EllenTV.com will feature AOL branding and links to various AOL sites. Plus, Ellen will also occasionally mention the partnership during her show. AOL, which has been looking to beef up its content offerings under the leadership of CEO Tim Armstrong, will also begin carrying video clips from Ellen’s show on several of its sites.
One recent focus have been partnerships with media personalities with a built in audience, such as the recent launch of teen-oriented site Cambio in conjunction with The Jonas Brothers
Thanks to the Ellen deal, AOL will gain credit for EllenTV.com’s audience in third-party research reports, providing it with a boost in reach and perhaps ranking in some categories, according to Mediaweek.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day