- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Elton John has been hospitalized for a serious respiratory infection that forced him to cancel his concerts in Las Vegas, says the singer’s rep.
John became ill Sunday while performing at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Vegas, and he checked into L.A.’s Cedars-Sinai Medical Center at 6 a.m. Wednesday for a full day of “extensive tests,” said a statement from John’s publicist, Fran Curtis.
A doctor concluded that John, 65, should “not perform any concerts for approximately seven days with complete rest and antibiotic treatment to cure his respiratory infection and prevent any damage.”
As a result, John canceled his Sin City shows for his “Million Dollar Piano” residency on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.
“It feels strange not to be able to perform these ‘Million Dollar Piano’ concerts at The Colosseum,” John said in a statement. “I love performing this show, and I will be thrilled when we return to The Colosseum in October to complete the 11 concerts soon to be scheduled. All I can say to the fans is sorry I can’t be with you. I hope to see you soon at this wonderful theatre at Caesars Palace.”
Ticket holders can exchange tickets or get refunds at their respective venues.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day