- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Lollapalooza lineup has not yet been officially announced, though the Chicago Tribune is convinced it’s got the names of its 2014 headliners. Eminem, Skrillex, Kings of Leon and Arctic Monkeys will play this year’s festival (set for Aug. 1-3 in Chicago’s Grant Park) according to the paper’s “industry sources.”
All these acts have played Lollapalooza in the past. Eminem headlined in 2011 and is riding high off the second edition of the Marshall Mathers LP, which debuted atop the Billboard 200 last year and produced the No. 1 hit, “The Monster,” featuring Rihanna. Skrillex played the fest in 2011 and 2013, and just released his surprise studio album Recess on March 14. As for the rockers, Kings of Leon headlined in 2009, and the Arctic Monkeys last played in 2011, though this will be their first time headlining.
The complete 100-act, eight stage lineup is due next week. Tickets will be available on the festival’s official site next Tuesday, March 25.
Last year’s leading acts in Chicago included the Cure, Mumford & Sons, the Killers and Nine Inch Nails.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day