- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ahead of a rumored upcoming album titled Revival, Eminem was enlisted this weekend as Saturday Night Live‘s musical guest. Rather than performing two separate times, the hip-hop star instead opted for a lengthy medley (as artists like Prince have done before) that saw him deliver his latest track along with old favorites.
The medley fittingly started with “Walk on Water,” which Eminem recently performed for the first time at the European Music Awards. While the song itself features Beyonce, his longtime collaborator Skylar Grey offered guest vocals instead while also playing piano. (She previously joined the rapper for his last SNL appearance in 2013.)
While many assumed (and hoped) the following song would be yet another new track, the Detroit native gifted fans with a throwback as he and Grey seamlessly transitioned into Eminem’s 2000 hit “Stan,” with Grey singing Dido‘s “Thank You,” which starts off the song and serves as its chorus.
Following that, the two dove right into “Love the Way You Lie,” with Grey singing Rihanna’s part on the tune.
Without a doubt, new material would have been warmly welcomed. But the nine-minute set from Em proved satisfying enough.
Watch the full performance below.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day