- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Playing the lead prosecutor in FX’s limited series The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story earned Paulson an Emmy nomination and The Hollywood Reporter has learned that the actress is bringing Clark as her date to the big show at the Microsoft Theater in downtown Los Angeles on Sept. 18.
A rep at FX confirmed the news, which won’t be that surprising to fans who have kept a close eye on interviews Paulson has done since it aired.
Though they met privately for dinner at the now-shuttered Daily Grill in Studio City, Paulson and Clark have only made one public appearance together. They joined creator Ryan Murphy for a discussion in mid-August at 20th Century Fox’s Zanuck Theatre, sharing compliments onstage. “I can’t tell you how grateful I am for the light you’ve shown on sexism,” Clark told Paulson. “I think you’ve done a great thing for this world.”
The work has been good to Paulson, too: She’s been pegged as a frontrunner in her category, outstanding lead actress in a limited series. Paulson also is nominated for outstanding supporting actress in a limited series for her work on another Murphy vehicle, American Horror Story.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day