- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Stephen Colbert and newfound friend Jimmy Fallon will go head to head at the 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards, but as far as the Comedy Central pundit is concerned, a win for Fallon is a win for Colbert.
PHOTOS: Emmy Nominees 2011: ‘Mad Men,’ ‘Modern Family,’ Julianna Margulies and Jon Hamm
“For the first time, I was nominated twice in the same category,” Colbert told viewers on his Thursday show. “First for [The Colbert Report], and then again for Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, since, as you’ll recall, he used my trademark image on his Emmy screener sent out to the voters.”
VIDEO: Emmys: Stephen Colbert Derides Jimmy Fallon for Including Him in ‘For Your Consideration’ Package
The Colbert Report host previously joked about Fallon’s “For Your Consideration” Emmy video, which featured a Late Night appearance by Colbert.
“Now he is my best friend for six months, so Jimmy, good luck to you. By which I mean good luck to me. May the best Stephen Colbert win,” he continued.
PHOTOS: Emmy Nominations 2011: Snubs and Shockers
While Colbert has previously won two Emmys, this is the first major nomination for Fallon. The Colbert Report is currently nominated for outstanding directing, writing and late night show, with Late Night with Jimmy Fallon in the running in the latter two categories.
Watch the complete clip below, in which Colbert explains how, despite three nominations, he was snubbed.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day