- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
True Grit star Hailee Steinfeld is in negotiations to join the cast of the sci-fi action thriller Ender’s Game.
The Oscar-nominated actress, who has not made a movie since her breakout role in the 2010 Coen brothers hit, will join Hugo star Asa Butterfield in the adaptation of the 1985 Orson Scott Card novel, which is being co-financed by Odd Lot Entertainment and Summit Entertainment. Summit is planning to release the film in March 2013.
X-Men Origins: Wolverine filmmaker Gavin Hood is writing and directing. Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci are producing via their Kurtzman Orci Paper Products shingle.
Ender’s Game centers on a futuristic military academy where children are trained to fight an invading alien force. Butterfield is playing the title character and Steinfeld would play the lone female in the child army who develops a relationship with the lead character.
Steinfeld is attached to star in an independent film adaptation of Romeo and Juliet, as well as an adaptation of the sci-fi novel Forgotten at Paramount.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day