- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Endgame Entertainment and FilmDistrict have acquired Selfless, a screenplay by brothers Alex and David Pastor about a dying older man who pays to have his mind transplanted into a younger man’s body.
The project represents a reteaming of Endgame and FilmDistrict, which recently joined forces for Rian Johnson’s sci-fi thriller Looper, starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Bruce Willis, which FilmDistrict will release in September. The companies will co-finance the new film, with FilmDistrict handling U.S. distribution.
Selfless will be produced by Endgame CEO James D. Stern and FilmDistricts’s Peter Schlessel along with Ram Bergman, who also was one of the producers of Looper.
In the Pastor brothers’ screenplay, when the older man finds out how his new body was acquired, he defies the company that provided it and then is hunted by mercenaries.
The brothers, who wrote the 2009 horror thriller Carriers, are repped by CAA, Kaplan/Perrone Entertainment and attorney Karl Austen of Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day