- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Enrique Iglesias is undergoing reconstructive hand surgery in Los Angeles after his fingers were sliced during a recent concert.
His representative said in a statement to the Associated Press that surgery on the 40-year-old singer will be completed Monday.
Iglesias sliced some of his fingers when he grabbed a drone during a concert in Tijuana, Mexico, on Saturday. He was “semitreated” at the side of the stage to stop the bleeding.
“Thank you to all for your concern and good wishes. Enrique is currently undergoing reconstructive hand surgery today,” the statement read. “Enrique will resume his tour July 3rd in Mexico City. We appreciate all your wishes and prayers.”
Iglesias performed an additional 30 minutes, though he was advised to end his show after the accident occurred at Plaza de Toros de Playas in front of 12,000 fans, who posted photos and video on social media of Iglesias with a bandaged hand and blooded T-shirt.
Iglesias was rushed to Los Angeles after the concert to see a specialist. The singer’s show was part of his Love and Sex World Tour.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day