- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The project, developed as direct-to-series, is the first from a recently struck first-look co-production agreement between the cross-border partners.
V-Wars is based on the IDW Publishing property written by Jonathan Maberry and portrays a world transformed by a catastrophic environmental event that releases a millennial-old virus.
Ted Adams and David Ozer from IDW Entertainment, John Morayniss and Benedict Carver from eOne Television, and David Alpert and Rick Jacobs from Circle of Confusion also will executive produce.
News of the V-Wars series follows the launch of the TV division IDW Entertainment and the comics publisher IDW striking the first-look development and production deal with Toronto-based eOne.
Under the pact, eOne and IDW Entertainment will co-develop, co-fund and co-produce TV series based on IDW’s library of more than 300 original properties.
eOne and IDW will fully fund development of each project, with the goal of securing straight-to-series commitments from broadcasters.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day