- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Former ITV acquisitions executive Justina Hemeperek has joined Canadian producer-distributor Entertainment One to acquire factual programming from Britain and continental Europe.
The Toronto-based indie on Monday also named former Teletoon acquisitions executive Jessica Watson as manager of acquisitions, based in Toronto.
Watson will pick up TV product for worldwide distribution after acquiring series and movies for five cable channels with Teletoon, Canada’s cartoon cable channel.
Before joining Entertainment One, based in London, Hemeperek was acquisitions manager at ITV Studios Global Entertainment, securing factual titles like Come Dine With Me, Four Weddings, The Audience River Monsters and Wild Things With Dominic Monaghan.
Watson and Hemeperek will report to Prentiss Fraser, senior vp worldwide sales and acquisitions.
The TV acquisitions hires follow the Canadian producer completing a deal to acquire rival movie distributor Alliance Films and last month bolstering its London-based film distribution division.
Entertainment One’s TV distribution slate includes AMC’s Hell on Wheels and The Walking Dead and CTV’s Saving Hope.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day