- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
As U.K. TV group ITV circles Entertainment One, the Canadian indie studio has acquired 100 percent control of interactive agency Secret Location.
The two companies initially partnered in 2014 when eOne took a smaller equity stake in Toronto-based Secret Location as it expanded into the U.S. Terms of the deal to take control of the digital content studio were not disclosed Wednesday.
Financial details are expected to be released on Thursday morning in the U.K., where eOne trades on the London Stock Exchange. “The completion of our acquisition further builds on our core capabilities and augments our ability to bring the best content to the world,” eOne CEO Darren Throop said Wednesday in a statement.
Secret Location got its start doing digital extensions for Canadian TV series like Big Brother Canada and The Book of Negroes, and more recently has segued to U.S. shows like NBC’s The Blacklist and Fox’s The Sleepy Hollow.
The deal to buy the ownership stake in Secret Location that it did not already own comes as eOne is reportedly the subject of a possible bid by private equity giant KKR & Co., and the Canadian company rebuffed a separate £1.03 billion ($1.3 billion) takeover bid from U.K. TV giant ITV.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day