- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Stassen will write and direct his debut feature film, in which Lilly will play new mom Allison Beck, who suspects her workaholic husband Eli (Barinholtz) is having an affair with an Instagram star. One mistake after another leads her into the arms of a younger man as she struggles to come to terms with her life decisions and being the mother she aspires to be.
Highland Film Group has nabbed world sales rights to Happy Life, which will be shopped at Cannes before production starts this summer. UTA Independent Film Group is handling the U.S. sale.
Stassen and Barinholtz will produce the film, alongside Andrew Robinson and Aperture Media Productions. Lilly is best known for her role on TV’s Lost, and has since starred in Ant-Man and the Wasp, Avengers: Endgame and The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.
Barinholtz’s film credits include Suicide Squad, Blockers and Neighbors, and he will next appear in Amazon’s upcoming film Late Night, alongside Emma Thompson and Mindy Kaling.
Stassen is a writer/producer known for film comedies like Blockers and The Oath and TV’s The Mindy Project.
Lilly is repped by UTA and Silver Lining Entertainment. Barinholtz is with UTA and Artists First. Stassen is repped by UTA and Mosaic.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day