- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lionsgate/Summit Entertainment has announced release dates for two Sylvester Stallone action films, Escape Plan and The Expendables 3.
Escape Plan, originally slated to hit theaters Sept. 13, has been pushed to Oct. 18. The film stars Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger as prison cellmates who work together to escape. The film, directed by Swedish filmmaker Mikael Hafstrom, was written by Miles Chapman and Jason Keller.
The other releases slated for the new October date are horror remake Carrie, Joseph Gordon-Levitt‘s directorial debut Don Jon and fantasy film Seventh Son.
The action-adventure franchise film The Expendables 3 will open Aug. 15, 2014. Stallone returns as Barney Ross, who leads the group of mercenaries as they undertake seemingly impossible missions. Jackie Chan and Nicolas Cage are to appear in the film. The third installment currently has that release date to itself.
The Expendables 2, starring Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Chuck Norris and Terry Crews, opened in the U.S. on Aug. 16, 2012, easily topping the box office that weekend with $28.6 million. The Lionsgate and Millennium Films project has earned $300.4 million worldwide.
Email: Rebecca.Ford@thr.com; Twitter: @Beccamford