- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Stephen Daldry-directed drama Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close is already garnering Academy buzz, with The Hollywood Reporter’s official awards blogger Scott Feinberg projecting it as a Best Picture frontrunner.
FEINBERG FORECAST: Christopher Plummer, Glenn Close, Brad Pitt, Viola Davis, Leonardo DiCaprio in Hunt for First Oscars
In his feature film debut, 13-year-old Jeopardy winner Thomas Horn stars as a young boy who loses his father in the Sept. 11th attacks. Sandra Bullock and Tom Hanks play his doting parents.
STORY: 13-Year-Old Jeopardy Winner Cast in ‘Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close’
Following the sudden death of his father, Horn’s character scours New York City to find a lock that fits one mysterious key that his dad left behind. Viola Davis, John Goodman and James Gandolfini also star in the project, which will have a limited opening on Dec. 25, followed by a Jan. 20 national release.
The film is an adaptation of Jonathan Safran Foer’s 2005 novel of the same name. Watch the trailer below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day