- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Do we want to revisit last season? Fine. You can’t embarrass me.
As I look back on the odds I put on fall 2011’s shows, I realize I’m a terrible oddsmaker more than a terrible predictor of failure. I knew Pan Am had no future, but I laid odds of it getting canceled at 20-1. Shouldn’t that have been 5-1 if I was so certain?
I was mostly right about shows I thought would survive but missed on CBS’ A Gifted Man (didn’t like it but thought CBS would make it work); The CW’s Secret Circle (didn’t like it, but when does The CW cancel anything?); and Fox’s Allen Gregory (hated it but thought Fox treated animation with kid gloves — oops).
But here’s where I was wrong: I had NBC’s Whitney down for sure death. Apparently, NBC will keep anything. I liked Grimm but didn’t expect it to last.
But I was most wrong on the subject of Revenge. I liked the pilot but thought it would get crushed at 10 p.m. Oh well.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day