- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“Tonight on Family Guy, Stewie and Brian go back in time to the pilot episode. This one’s fun,” he wrote on Twitter.
However, one aspect of the episode has been receiving media attention because of its controversial take on the 9/11 attacks, which some could see as not fun at all.
On Sunday night’s episode, Stewie and Brian travel through time, and are able to stop the events of 9/11 from occurring. Changing history brings a very dark future for the country, however, which is plagued by a Civil War and becomes a post-apocalyptic wasteland. The duo decides that they have to return back in time and let the events of the past unfold as they did.
“We made 9/11 happen!” exclaims Stewie, as they high-five.
“Well that probably wouldn’t look very good out of context,” says Stewie.
But does it even look very good in context? The point of the episode is that they were saving the world from a much worse fate. Even so, while Family Guy has satirically covered a wide variety of controversial topics, this view on the tragedy of 9/11 could anger some, even though it’s been more than 10 years since the event occurred.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Representation in Hollywood