- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The film — starring Eddie Redmayne at Newt Scamander and set 70 years before J.K. Rowling‘s original books — is set to shoot in key city center locations in Liverpool, the only non-studio site for the film.
Director David Yates said that the city, the birthplace of his mother and the place where he shot his 1998 feature debut The Tichborne Claimant, held “fond memories” for him.
“As a child we would often visit family there,” he said. “The architecture in this beautiful city works perfectly for our film, set in 1920s New York and I know we will receive a very warm welcome.”
Alongside Redmayne, Fantastic Beasts also stars Colin Farrell, Katherine Waterston, Ezra Miller, Alison Sudol and Dan Fogler. It was recently revealed that Jon Voight, Gemma Chan and Ron Perlman had joined the cast.
Other recent films to have been shot on location in Liverpool include Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1, Fast and Furious 6, Captain America: The First Avenger and Nowhere Boy, about John Lennon, arguably the city’s most famous son.
Fantastic Beasts is set for release on Nov. 18, 2016.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Portia de Rossi
James Gordon Meek