- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) was criticized, along with President Donald Trump, as being “pathetically weak” by the father of one of the Parkland school shooting victims during Wednesday night’s CNN Town Hall meeting in Sunrise, Florida.
“Look at me and tell me you will do something about guns,” Fred Guttenberg said.
Rubio responded, “I will look at you and tell you what I said, and repeat it,” earning wide boos from the crowd.
“Were guns a factor?” Guttenberg asked.
“I will support the banning of bump stocks,” Rubio said. “I think what you’re asking about is the assault weapon ban. If I believed that the passing of that law would prevent this, I would support it, but it does not,” he said, earning more boos.
“My daughter, who was running down the halls when she was shot, was killed by these guns. If you can’t see that, then I’m sorry,” Guttenberg said.
Rubio went on to offer suggestions as to why he didn’t fully support Guttenberg’s position.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day